After selecting the electrical heating cable model for the pipeline equipment, you can install it according to the design drawings provided by the electrical heating manufacturer. If you can install it yourself, you can install it yourself. If the installation is not good, you can choose to let the electrical heating cable installation team install or let The manufacturer sends technical personnel to guide the installation on site.
Electricity tracing field installation physical map
However, since the surface of the electric heating cable is mostly made of plastic material, it is easy to be scratched on hard equipment. Therefore, special attention must be paid to the installation. The following describes the installation precautions of the electric heating cable:
1. Electrical major: Determine the location of the power point (ie, temperature controller or power junction box) according to the design, check the circuit number one by one according to the electric heat distribution diagram, and confirm that the power cables are laid correctly.
2. Heat insulation specialty: When the heating and heating system is installed and commissioned, the heat tracing pipe is insulated. Should avoid the metal sheath to hurt the electric heating cable, pay special attention to the valve box and the instrument opening; avoid the drill bit to damage the electric heating cable, you should appropriately shorten the length of the drill bit; to avoid damage to the electric heating cable when the metal armor is screwed, the length should be selected Suitable screws.
3. The self-limiting temperature heating cable can be installed in an overlapping manner. Other types of heating cable are not allowed to overlap in order to avoid overheating and affect the normal service life of the product. Also pay attention to avoid overheating in the heat tracing of thin pipes; in humid areas, waterproof glue can be poured into the junction box; in explosion-proof areas, explosion-proof temperature automatic controllers, explosion-proof power junction boxes, and electrical heat-dissipation explosion-proof distribution boxes are universal The inlet and outlet should be filled with explosion-proof cement.
4. The explosion-proof temperature automatic controller must be installed correctly and reliably, and its set temperature can be adjusted to the required process temperature (maintaining temperature) immediately.
5. When the overhead and the ground are buried as an electric heating cable, more attention should be paid to the placement of the temperature measuring head. The temperature measuring head should be placed in the buried part. It is also possible to use two explosion-proof temperature automatic controllers to control the heat tracing temperature of the ground and buried parts respectively.
6. When installing the parallel heating cable, please pay attention that the core wire, heating wire, and braid cannot be in contact with each other, otherwise it will cause leakage or short circuit, which will affect safety production. This is especially important when installing the tail end (terminal).
7. When installing the heating cable, do not drag on the ground to avoid being damaged by sharp objects. Do not contact with hot objects to prevent welding slag from splashing onto the heating cable. The electric heating cable has good flexibility, but it is not allowed to be folded. When bending is required, the bending radius must not be less than 6 times the thickness of the heating cable.
8. It is strictly forbidden to smash the heating cable with heavy objects. If the heating cable is smashed, the electrical test or replacement shall be performed again.
9. The installation of the electric heating cable should fully consider the possibility of dismantling the pipe accessories (or equipment), and the electric heating cable does not need to be cut off. Pay attention to the seal of the joint when it is cut or joint.
10. The flange is prone to leakage. Avoid laying the electric heating cable directly below it; it is not allowed to connect the multi-circuit electric heating cable from a junction box.
11. The junction box should be sealed to prevent rainwater from entering. After the installation of the electric heat tracing system, you must pass the electrical test one by one and then conduct the power-on test to check the heating of the heating cable. Only after confirming the normality, the insulation is allowed.
12. After the electric heat tracing system is completely installed, an obvious electric heat tracing mark (warning mark) should be made on the outer protective layer of the pipeline.
Users need to be reminded that the electric heat tracing system should be prepared in advance. You cannot wait for the pipeline to be frozen before installing the electric heat tracing heat insulation. At this time, it will not only cause trouble to the installation, but the heat insulation effect is not very good.