1. Before installation of the heat tracing cable, the cement block and welding slag on the surface of the pipeline should be cleaned up.
2. The length, specifications and installation method of the heat tracing cable shall be determined according to the engineering design, and the installer shall not exchange or change it at will.
3. Installation method of heat tracing cable (see the table below)
4. The temperature sensing head of the temperature sensor should not be in contact with the heat tracing cable, and the distance should be as large as possible. Except for the self-limiting heat tracing cable, the installation of other heat tracing cables must not overlap and cross.
The installation length at the head should meet the engineering design requirements.
As for the spiral winding method, the winding pitch at the end of the end should be shortened according to the project design length. When the heat tracing cable is installed in parallel and straight, it should be evenly spaced.
When the heat tracing cable is installed in parallel and straight, it should be installed at a 45-degree angle directly below the pipe or below the side (see the figure below).
5. The heat tracing cable is fixed by cable ties. The cable ties can be selected from plastic cable ties, cable ties, or pressure-sensitive adhesive tapes made of glass fiber. The use temperature (heat resistance) should not be lower than the temperature of the plastic sheath of the heat tracing cable. , Heat tracing cables with metal or metal braided outer sheaths can also be fixed with bare metal wires. The installation of heat tracing cables should be laid and fixed at the same time.
6. When metal pipes are insulated with electric heat tracing, attention should be paid to preventing electric shock and lightning strike. Equipotential bonding measures can be adopted.
According to the requirements of the specification, the designer determines whether to provide leakage protection after calculation.
The heat tracing cables and equipment in explosion-proof places shall have the national certification for corresponding explosion-proof products.
Coiled or panel-mounted heat tracing cables cannot be connected to the working voltage for energization. The testing, transportation, storage, construction and installation of the heat tracing cables should still meet the manufacturer's requirements.
Main engineering data table of domestic hot water heating cable:
Selection and calculation of electric heat tracing
Working principle of electric heat tracing system
Electric heat tracing design instructions and technical guidance (atlas)
Pipeline heating cable installation (picture)